In order to obtain a CCP, you must first provide a copy of a certificate of completion or an affidavit attesting to the completion of a qualifying course or experience within one year of the CCP application.
Most notably, you can complete the required training on this website by completing our state-approved “electronic, video, or online course” offered by our qualified instructors. Once the online course is completed, a “Certificate of Successful Completion” issued by the course instructor along with the TN Department of Safety and Homeland Security’s “Concealed Handgun Carry Permit Proof of Training” form must be taken to a full-service Driver License Station.
There, you will have your picture taken and your electronic signature captured. You must also bring the following:
- TN Driver License, state-issued photo ID, or other approved proof of identity and TN residency
- Provide CERTIFIED PROOF of U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency (Photocopies will not be accepted)
- Provide proof of full SSN
- Payment of the non-refundable $65.00 application and processing fee in cash, credit card, money order, or certified check (no personal checks)
- Your online course completion certificate
- A completed Concealed Handgun Carry Permit Proof of Training form
You will be directed to a location to be fingerprinted at no additional fee. From this point, a background check will be performed and, absent any negative findings, a CCP with an 8-year expiration date will be issued and sent to you via US mail.